In case you’ve bought Dremel chainsaw, you probably need instructions on how to use it. As a rule, there is a guidebook that comes with every chainsaw. You’d better look for it as it’ll specifically describe you the details and peculiarities of the chainsaw you have as well as how to sharpen it. Otherwise, you can get a general idea about the Dremel chainsaw sharpener in the article below.
A brief overview
A Dremel chainsaw owner can use the dedicated sharpener to turn the dull and slow-cutting blades into sharp ones. This is sure to make the cutting process much faster. As a rule, the attachment has three sharpening stones included. They are different to be able to fit different models.
How to use the sharpener?
One has to attach the sharpener to the rotary tools to start the process. The manufacturer recommends using a 10.8-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless rotary tool.
Things you should never do when sharpening a chainsaw
- Do not wait for dust means that a sharp chainsaw doesn’t leave more dust than wood. A smart thing to do is to sharpen the blades in time and make further cutting easier.
- Don’t forget to wear protective gear. In most cases, this includes safety goggles, special gloves, etc. Some also need protection for ears and head.
Things one should do when sharpening a chainsaw
- Learn everything about your chainsaw. For instance, you should know what a gullet or a side plate is and where they are. Every instruction has a detailed diagram that shows every detail. Once you learn them all, you’ll be able to understand things better and sharpen the blades yourself.
- When you sharpen the chainsaw, it’s essential to stabilize the chainsaw and hold it steady. This helps to sharpen the elements evenly and get smooth performance.
- Use the proper file. Different chainsaws have different cutters. Pick the corresponding diameter to get an optimal result.
The manufacturer’s instructions also help users with the right choice. For instance, one learns when to choose rotary, multi-max, trio, and saw-max. Let’s get to know more about them.
Rotary tools can perform a selection of smaller tasks. They are perfect due to precision and compactness. For example, cutting threaded rod, sanding wood crafts, sharpening mower blades, chainsaws, etc.
Multi-Max was introduced for a wider variety of bigger projects. They are still great with precision and can cut through a selection of materials. For example, a user can cut drywall or install the new door casing.
The Trio is best-used for irregular cutting jobs. Anything you need to cut not in a straight line and bigger than rotary tools can deal with suits here. For instance, cutting wall tile, making irregular cuts in laminate floors, etc.
Saw-Max is the most popular tool from this manufacturer for big projects and large-scale cuts. It’s compact but very powerful. A perfect choice for those who want to do house repairs themselves. This tool can trim metal shelving, cut baseboard, metal, etc.